Author Archives: Elizabeth College
TASC has developed student and parent focused information to support schools in their communication regarding TASC courses, qualifications and external assessment. Please share the following information with members of your school community:
Are you thinking about enrolling at UTAS next year or the year after? Want to know more about the courses they offer and how to enrol? UTAS will be running a webinar for all interested students and parents on Wednesday 1st July starting at 3.00pm.
Please register for University of Tasmania Webinar – Elizabeth College on Jul 1, 2020 3:00 PM AEST at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
INFORMATION ABOUT TCE EXTERNAL ASSESSMENTS
All 2020 external assessment adjustments for 2020 are now available on the TASC website. This includes English 3, Maths and Science courses which have not previously been published.
Sample questions for Science and Maths courses and advice about when these will be available will be provided by Friday 19 June. 2020 Folio External Assessment Dates have also been republished. Head over to the TASC website for more information https://www.tasc.tas.gov.au/students/courses/
As always, your teachers will have information about the assessments, so reach out if you have any questions.
Mid-Year Assessment Period (MYAP)
- Mid-Year assessments will take place for pre-tertiary subjects in week 8 of this term, 15-19 June
- Your teachers will outline the details for their subject, including whether the assessment will be in the form of an exam or an alternative
- Mid-year assessments will take place in class, not in the Undercroft as has previously been the case
- For pre-tertiary subjects, your only contact for that week for each pre-tertiary will be the 2 hour lesson when you undertake your mid-year assessment, however your teachers may run tutorials during other sessions and they will discuss this with you
- Line 3 will use the Wed morning 1.5 hour contact for their mid-year assessment and will use part of recess if necessary
- Level 2, 1 and VET classes will run as normal during the MYAP
- There will be no HG during the MYAP