Elizabeth College is a co-educational, inner city senior secondary college for years 11 and 12 with an enrolment of approximately 1000 students. The college promotes high academic standards and provides a balanced program of cultural, intellectual, social and sporting activities.
Elizabeth College has well-maintained up-to-date facilities. Recent initiatives have been:
- Performing Arts – theatre, dance, drama, audio and music studios
- Food Technology – catering facilities, commercial kitchens, a café
- Science – the refitting of laboratories, preparation areas, tutorial areas and staff rooms
- Computer Resources – Wireless network is available for personal devices
- Student areas – canteen and common room, grounds re-development
- Visual Arts redevelopment – in the planning stages
- Library – Classes and individual students are supported in the modern, welcoming Library at the centre of the campus
There is full wireless coverage for campus managed and student personal computing devices.
Computer labs are continually updated to meet curriculum and subject requirements.
Safe and secure learning environment
All teachers take a special interest in the students’ progress. The supportive environment includes a pastoral care program, a program of social activities, student counsellors, college policeman and chaplain. The careers counsellor provides access to a wealth of information to assist in making career decisions. Elizabeth College has a diverse and multicultural student population, represented by thirty five nationalities. The College has a long tradition of quality and excellence in its highly successful International and Exchange Programs.
Active participation is essential for student achievement
- A rich and wide ranging curriculum preparing students for university studies, further technical education and employment a range of Humanities, Mathematics, Science and English subjects
- Business courses which prepare students for university and the world of work
- Stage bands, rock bands and an Audio Design course
- Drama, Music and Art
- Information technology which is integrated into all learning areas. Computer use helps to make our students independent learners
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) programs which are recognised nationally Sport and outdoor education
- Integrated programs for students with special needs
- Outstanding Library with exceptional resources for students and staff
- Work experience and other business links with the local community
- On-line and open learning programs for people unable to attend day classes
Advanced Academic Diploma ECAAD – A program for motivated academic students that promotes excellence and maximises pre-tertiary student potential.
Athlete Development Program- ADP is the largest athlete program in the state.
- Elizabeth College has a record of excelling in a variety of academic areas including English, Science, Maths, Economics, Debating, Public Speaking competitions and academic prizes
- Student Exchanges include student exchange visits with Hiroshima Inokuchi Senior High School in Japan and Quanzhou Foreign Language School in Fujian Province China
Elizabeth College Student Services Team
The Student Services staff are highly trained specialists who support and help students facing a range of issues. The team have developed a comprehensive referral networkoutside of the college such as: Headspace, Royal Hobart Hospital (RHH), Clare House, Drug and alcohol services, The Link, Housing, Mental Health Services, Disability Services, Crisis Assessment team, General Practitioners and psychiatrists.
The Student Services team are located in the terraced house next door to D block, on Elizabeth Street. Appointments can be made by contacting the Student Services receptionist 6235 6559.
Students can self-refer, or parents and teachers can make a referral on behalf of the student.
To find out more about our Student Services team please click here.
The Enrichment Program provides over ninety co-curricular activities for students in a variety of sporting, community, cultural and personal interest areas.
Athlete Development Program
Athletes are extended in a variety of areas including soccer, basketball and volleyball.