Mid-Year Assessment Period (MYAP)
- Mid-Year assessments will take place for pre-tertiary subjects in week 8 of this term, 15-19 June
- Your teachers will outline the details for their subject, including whether the assessment will be in the form of an exam or an alternative
- Mid-year assessments will take place in class, not in the Undercroft as has previously been the case
- For pre-tertiary subjects, your only contact for that week for each pre-tertiary will be the 2 hour lesson when you undertake your mid-year assessment, however your teachers may run tutorials during other sessions and they will discuss this with you
- Line 3 will use the Wed morning 1.5 hour contact for their mid-year assessment and will use part of recess if necessary
- Level 2, 1 and VET classes will run as normal during the MYAP
- There will be no HG during the MYAP
Parents will receive information by Edsmart this week regarding our upcoming Parent Teacher Interviews on Tuesday 26th May. Please check your emails and use the PTO booking system to schedule these sessions. Dianne, our Principal will outline how these sessions will work.
A reminder about schools from the department of education
We will be using a different timetable until further notice. You will notice the lines remain the same, but the lunch hour has been shortened.
Reminder for students wishing to apply for TASC Reasonable Adjustments
Students with a diagnosed condition, impairment, or disability (e.g. dyslexia, ADHD, physical impairment, severe handwriting difficulties, diagnosed mental health condition) can apply for Reasonable Adjustments for end of year Level 3 or 4 TASC exams.
If you would like to submit an application, but have not yet done so, please contact Student Services on 6235 6559 as soon as possible. The TASC application deadline is May 29th, however applications must be submitted to Student Services by Friday 22nd May for processing by the College.
Further information is available on the TASC website https://www.tasc.tas.gov.au/students/years-11-and-12/preparing-for-exams/reasonable-adjustments/, or by contacting Student Services on 6235 6559.
In response to COVID-19 City Of Hobart’s Youth Programs have made the transition to deliver all programs and engagement online. Whilst we are not working in a physical space with young people, we are still doing what we do best, making genuine connections and fostering creativity and well-being!